Nmap Development mailing list archives

possible nmap bug

From: "Kieran Combes" <kieran.combes () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:09:43 +0100

Hi

I can't find any information about about this issue so don't know if
it's been raised already. I've run nmap 4.75 and 4.76 under OSX 10.5.5
and they both have intermittent problems routing scans. this problem
occurs when i scan address on my local subnet and external ones.
Simple scans seem to work fine but more complex ones fail.
Golgothan ~: sudo nmap -e en0 -p- -O -sV x.x.x.x
Password:

Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2008-09-30 14:41 BST
Warning: Unable to open interface vmnet8 -- skipping it.
Warning: Unable to open interface vmnet1 -- skipping it.
nexthost: failed to determine route to x.x.x.x
QUITTING!

Pings to the same address work fine, also i get the same result if i
don't specify the interface to use.

Kieran