Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: differences between nmap-online and nmap command line

From: "sara fink" <sara.fink () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:29:40 +0300

so, which output is correct? the command line or the web page test? I
tested it on my external ip. I have linux kernel 2.6.24.

As far as I know there shouldn't be a problem to run nmap from the
same pc on my external IP.

It looked like the command line didn't even scan. In a sec I got the
reply of 3000 port scan.