Nmap Development mailing list archives

servicematch.cc fallback support patch

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:50:58 -0700

Hi nmap-dev,

I'm attaching a patch that scratches a long-time itch of mine.
The nmap-dev/servicematch.cc file is a simple util that helps
for testing fingerprints. I use it all the time when integrating
FPs, however it wasn't updated when fallback functionality was
added to nmap. It special-cases for the null-probe cheat but
doesn't consider fallbacks. The patch I am attaching adds this
support. There are a couple reasons I haven't bothered to fix
it until now:

* It handled the NULL probe cheat which is by far the most
  important fallback.
* You can see how the fallbacks are handled by nmap in the FP
  itself.

Anyways, this utility should now conform to nmap's behaviour.

Best,

Doug