Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE Script] POP3 capabilities

From: "Philip Pickering" <pgpickering () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 03:24:38 +0200

Hi,

I've written a NSE script to get the capabilities of
a pop3 server. It simply asks the server with the
CAPA command (except for the APOP feature, which
can be seen in the greeting message).

The capability function itself is in the pop3.lua, which
is the first piece of a pop3 library. It returns a table
containing the server's capabilities, so it could be
used to react on the services the server provides.
(for example choosing an appropriate login method).

Since the pop3 library isn't very exciting yet, I've made
a version of the popcapa script without pop3 library
dependency (called popcapa-nolib.nse). It does the same,
but the ordering of the output can be slightly different because
it doesn't take the way through the table and therefore
returns the results as it gets them from the server.

Any comments are appreciated.

Philip