Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Win32: duplicate _FD_SET symbols?

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:48:49 -0500

 mixter () gmail com wrote:
Hi,

One more and I hope the last win32 question for now (with some luck).
So... I just got my (ncat) code back to the stage where all objs compile,
after some minor adaptions to the VC++2005 -> VC++2008 switch over.

I am again down to the error of duplicate symbols in various obj files,
essentially the file where I use FD macros clashes with nsock. This
situation is different than nmap, since nmap outsources all its select()
relevant stuff right into nsock. Which wouldn't be the right place for
mine, as it is application specific and used in multiple locations.

If anyone has stumbled over this kind of error, once more, I would greatly
appreciate any hint.

One set of linking errors seem to be because you have set[] declared in the
ncat.h header and VC++ doesn't like that.  After a quick grep, it seems that
only ncat_proxy.c uses set[], so would it be possible to declare it there
instead?  I may be wrong about this, however, because it's just my first
impression.

I don't know about the _FD_SET macro stuff yet.

I tried building ncat on Linux, but I ran into two problems:

1) The struct fdset_set in ncat.h has two members of type struct fd_set, when
it's really just fd_set.  Some OSs (like I guess Windows) may define it as
something like "typedef struct fd_set { ... } fd_set", but my glibc doesn't.

2) The WSAEWOUDLBLOCK you use in ncat_listen.c isn't inside of a WIN32 ifdef.

These two are no big deal and probably just came about because you've been
working on Windows, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn