Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Question about "Create a Better Netcat and Hping"

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:19:10 -0700

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 10:43:35PM +0400, Aleksey Koudriavtsev wrote:
Hello again, Nmap team

Now I am thinking about submitting "Create a Better Netcat and Hping"
and I have some questions.

Hi Aleksey.  Applications are due in 45 minutes, so I hope you and
anyone else interested in submitting a SoC applications does so soon!

As you can see in my application "Feature Creepers and Bug Wranglers",
I am specializing in the system programming (c/c++ language) for
win32. I found Netcat and Hping versions for Windows OS and I'm ready
to developing both them or one of them for this operation system.
But in the infrastructure requirements for this idea, you wrote, that
it must support several OS. Should I work with all these OS or it is
possible only win32?

You will need to be able to test at least Windows and Linux.  If you
don't have a Linux machine handy, you could dual boot, get a shell
account, or run Linux under VMWare under your Windows machine.
Ideally, you'd be able to test under Mac too.  But Win+Linux are
essential.

Cheers,
-F