Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap idea for Summer of Code 2008

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:02:23 -0700

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:27:20PM +0100, Vladimir Mitrovic wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have an idea for this year's Summer of Code, so I figured I should share
it early with you guys. I'm hoping for a chance to work on Zenmap this
summer.

Hi Vladimir.  Thanks for the code and graph.  It definitely gives an
interesting perspective over the network, and this does fit with the
"network mapper" name Nmap.  So I hope you do submit an application
like this.

As Eddie noted, Nmap can now do the traceroute for you.  Also as he
noted, you might be able to take some inspiration from Radialnet,
which uses a differenmt scheme to visualize results.

Cheers,
-F