Nmap Development mailing list archives

NSE "Default" Category

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 02:19:31 -0500

Hey everyone,

I've committed my NSE "default" category[1] changes (r7715).  Thanks to
everyone who gave comments and suggestions!

If you could give it a try and let me know how it goes, that would be great.

Since I wrote a detailed SVN log, I'll just paste it in so I don't have to do
a lot of writing :) Here it is...

NSE now has a "default" category for scripts.  This category holds the set
of scripts chosen from when using -sC (but it's still just another category
and so can be chosen with --script like any other).

On top of updating the docs with information about this new category, I've
also updated sections to emphasize that the "default" category, -sC and -A
are considered intrusive and should not be run against target networks
without permission.

The new list is very similar to the previous "safe,intrusive" list:

Added: finger, ircServerInfo, RealVNC_auth_bypass
Removed: HTTPpasswd

Here are the 21 scripts in this new category:

anonFTP
dns-test-open-recursion
finger
ftpbounce