Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE / nsock library questions

From: majek04 <majek04 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 00:13:52 +0200

On 5/22/08, Thomas Buchanan <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net> wrote:
I'll pose the questions first, and then provide a little background in
 case it helps.

 1.  Does NSE or nsock allow you to create and open a socket for
 (inbound) listening, rather than for (outbound) connections?

No.

 2.  Does NSE allow you to specify the originating port or port range
 that you would like to use for sockets?

I coded this feature, but it's not included. There are also some
theoretical problems with it (as Doug suggested [1]). But the good
thing is that you can have many _outgoing_ connections from
one port.

Cheers!
  Marek Majkowski

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q2/0319.html