Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap compilation on macosx 10.5 with intel icc 10.1

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 17:41:30 -0600

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:42:37AM +0200, Mathieu Prevot wrote:
it seems liblua/Makefile defines CC=gcc and I have to edit this file
before the ./configure && make process when I use icc as c compiler (I
simply `export CC=icc; export CXX=icpc`). I guess it would be the same
on linux using icc. Please update the configure process for the icc
users =)

Hi Mathieu. I committed a change yesterday to make liblua honor CC. I
did it with ccache users in mind but it should solve your problem too.
If you wish, you can get the latest version from Subversion following
the instructions at http://nmap.org/book/install.html#inst-svn .

Or as a workaround you can probably build Nmap with

        make CC=icc

David Fifield