Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: PATCH: nsock_core.c / do_actual_read() / recv vs. read

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:23:25 -0700

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 08:17:22PM +0200,  mixter () gmail com wrote:
Please find a proposed patch below, which will enable nsock to handle
non-network socket data. I've tested extensively with ncat, nmap and
the now-working nsock_telnet.c tool, everything seems to be working,
and (most importantly) nmap scan results are the same.

Looks good to me.  Please check it in.  You might want to add to the
comment code that recv() was failing on UNIX when used to read from a
standard input descriptor.  That way we'll remember later why this was
added.

Cheers,
-F