Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap sending encapsulated packets

From: "Mike Lude" <mlude () pacbell net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 08:31:42 -0700

From the command shell:

C:\>nmap -V

Nmap version 4.60 ( http://insecure.org )

From zenmap I enter the same command and hit enter, it pops up a
blank message box. When I close the message box after a few minutes I
get the windows "Application is not responding" message.

I'd be surprised if there were an old version of nmap on this
machine, though.

I get the same bogus encapsulation running nmap from the command
shell. Doesn't seem like it's zenmap related.

/Mike