Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Exp Features: -oP (pcap output format) and --version-ports

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 03:22:55 +0100

On 15/05/2008 00:05, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

But besides all of that, do you (or anybody) think the functionality
as-is would be good for Nmap proper?  I find the ability to log just the
raw packets quite useful, and any ideas for connect() logging can be
added later if implemented.
I have found it quite useful too, on occasions it's been really useful
for getting a better understanding of a result from OS detection.  I
think it would be a killer feature if it could capture more - and it
might be that including it now would generate enough interest to move it
in that direction.
I've been meaning to look into why I only see MAC Addresses in ARP
packets, but I haven't got around to that yet.  Is that by design?

Regards,

jah