Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap/Zenmap 4.62-test5 packages for Mac OS X

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 14:15:14 -0600

Hello,

I have prepared the latest testing package of Nmap and Zenmap for
Mac OS X.

http://nmap.org/dist/nmap-4.62-test5.dmg (19.5 MB)

This release is compiled against the X11 libraries from Mac OS X 10.4.
Please give this a try, especially if you are using 10.4. I don't have
access to Mac OS X 10.4, so sending a report is currently the only way
I'll eventually be able to make Zenmap run on your package.

This release doesn't automatically start X11 on 10.4. You have to start
X11 manually and then set the DISPLAY variable:

        export DISPLAY=:0
        open /Applications/Zenmap.app

I'm sorry this is such an involved process, but we have to take this
debugging a step at at time.

Early testing of this release has seen this error in one instance:

        Error in sys.excepthook:
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/zenmap.py", line 70, in excepthook
            from zenmapGUI.CrashReport import CrashReport
          File "zenmapGUI/CrashReport.pyc", line 35, in <module>
          File "zenmapCore/BugRegister.pyc", line 23, in <module>
          File "urllib2.pyc", line 91, in <module>
          File "hashlib.pyc", line 133, in <module>
          File "hashlib.pyc", line 60, in __get_builtin_constructor
        ImportError: No module named _md5

        Original exception was:
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 137, in <module>
            _run('zenmap.py')
          File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 134, in _run
            execfile(path, globals(), globals())
          File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/zenmap.py", line 156, in <module>
            app.run()
          File "zenmapGUI/App.pyc", line 96, in run
          File "zenmapGUI/App.pyc", line 124, in __run_gui
          File "zenmapGUI/App.pyc", line 53, in __create_show_main_window
          File "zenmapGUI/MainWindow.pyc", line 45, in <module>
          File "zenmapGUI/SearchWindow.pyc", line 24, in <module>
          File "zenmapGUI/SearchGUI.pyc", line 40, in <module>
          File "zenmapCore/SearchResult.pyc", line 31, in <module>
          File "zenmapCore/UmitDB.pyc", line 22, in <module>
          File "md5.pyc", line 6, in <module>
          File "hashlib.pyc", line 133, in <module>
          File "hashlib.pyc", line 60, in __get_builtin_constructor
        ImportError: No module named _md5

I think this is caused by the _hashlib module failing to link with
libcrypto or libssl. If you have this crash, please run Zenmap in
verbose mode to help debug the problem:

        export ZENMAP_DEVELOPMENT=1
        export PYTHONVERBOSE=1
        /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/MacOS/zenmap &> python-verbose.log

And then send me the python-verbose.log.

David Fifield