Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: saving Zenmap scans

From: Vladimir Mitrovic <snipe714 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 01:22:09 +0200

Hi Raymond,

Why can't I save my scan results in...say..HTML?
Or even plain text? NmapFE has the option to save in
Normal, Grepable, XML, all...

This is indeed a very good point. Currently, Zenmap strips away any -o[XGASN]
options if you manually type them into the "Command" field, and there's no way
to select the output format when using the "Save as..." option.

How do you view an XML file in Firefox or IE?

Firefox opens XML scans just fine. Go to File -> Open File... and select the
.xml file - it should show up without any trouble.

Seems that Zenmap took a step backward in this area?

Not really, it's just that it needs more work on general usability. This is the
main focus of this year's Google Summer of Code, and we will try to make it
better. Thanks for the comment, we appreciate it! If you notice anything else
that you think needs improvement, please let us know - we intend to make Zenmap
a killer frontend by the end of the summer.

Cheers,
Vladimir