Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap This browser add-on functionality

From: "Australian Security And Hacker Underground" <asahuadmin () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:06:43 +1100

My idea behind "Nmap this", was that an Nmap console or Zenmap GUI
console pops up after a user has right clicked a link or a URL in a
browser. Nmap would then automatically strip off "http://"; and any
suffix folders that the webserver has and perform an Nmap scan. Using
the Google homepage here is an example image that displays what I
thought:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6378/nmapproposalip8.png

I have struggled around with firefox for a while now hopelessly and
keep getting errors with the .xpi files saying that the extension
package is only able to be used by an older version of Firefox(1.5). I
however have Firefox 2.0.0.13. I have no previous browser development
experience so if anyone could clarify on how to develop this in
Firefox, IE or Opera, it would be greatly appreciated.

Some useful links for anybody wishing to help develop this are:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Building_an_Extension
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Code_snippets:Toolbar
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Code_snippets:File_I/O#Getting_special_files_.28.22opening.22_files.29

-ASAHU Admin