Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: #nmap IRC channel

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 01:17:53 -0700

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:44:08PM -0700, doug () hcsw org wrote:
Hi nmap-dev,

There has been a few people enter the #nmap channel
on EFnet (irc.blessed.net irc.he.net irc.arcti.ca etc)
and ask nmap questions, some asking about SoC. If you
do ask a question, please wait for at least 12 hours
before you /quit. There are people reading your PMs
but be patient.

Thanks Doug, that is good to know.  Maybe we should have an "official"
#nmap channel that we direct people to from the Nmap web site.  Does
anyone have an opinion on which network it should be on?  EFnet?
Freenode?  Other?  Is EFnet the only network which currently has an
active channel?

Cheers,
-F