Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Service fingerprinting submissions

From: "Thomas Tavaris J (Tavaris)" <tjthomas () LGSInnovations com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:04:09 -0400

Hi Brandon,

It can be sanitized data. I'm only primarily interested in the
"{responsestring}" (taken from vscan-community.html) portion of the
submission. All of the nmap generated service fingerprints I've seen
don't contain any sensitive responsestrings (admittedly that could just
be my interpretation or dearth of submissions I've seen) - It really
doesn't pertain to one or two submissions but I'd like to look at all of
the submission as whole. I am trying to develop some methods for
characterizing response strings.

-Tavaris