Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problem while running nmap

From: Abraham Goldenberg <abigoldenberg () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:48:37 -0800 (PST)

I am currently running nmap version 4.5 for Windows. I have Windows XP SP2 running on the machine. I havee an internal
Broadcom 4311 wireless card and that works fine. I also have an external WUSB54G wireless card. It works fine with
everything, e.g. internet, metasploit, etc. It doesn't work with nmap. I get an error cannot open eth0, which would be
my internal card. I have the internal card disabled and I am putting in the IP address for the network that the
external card is connected to. When I use it in BackTrack, this card works fine too. It just doesn't seem to work in
Windows. It may have to do with it only recognizing one card, but I don't know. I did google this problem but couldn't
find anything useful. Thanks for a great great product.

Abraham