Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Script Writing contest with prizes to win

From: Nils Magnus <nmagnus () linuxnewmedia de>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:22:42 +0100

On Friday 23 November 2007 16:54:35 Diman Todorov wrote:

The most recent issue of the german Linux-Magazin features an NSE
scripting contest. There are no restrictions, send your scripts to
nmap-contest () linux-magazin de until the 15th of December (although I have
to double check the
deadline).

Good news for non-German speaking folks: We published an adapted version of
the article in the February issue of Linux Magazine (UK) and Linux Pro
Magazine (USA) in English.

For the matter of the NSE contest: Although the original deadline was in
december, I'd extend it for you international folks to January 15, if you
like. Just let dem kommink.

The prizes are three O'Reilly network security books. The
jury are the network security editors of the magazine, Eric Amberg,
who wrote a 4 pages article on NSE in the most recent issue of the
magazine, and me. Additional conditions are that the script has to be
published under a free license and that the nmap projects decides
wether and which scripts will make it into the nmap sources. The
scripts have to run with the most recent Nmap distribution. Lastly:
although it doesn't say so, I won't consider scripts which already are
in the nmap svn ;)

Regards,

--
Nils Magnus, Editor
Linux New Media AG, Süskindstr. 4, 81929 München, Germany