Nmap Development mailing list archives

Zenmap developer idea

From: devtar <devtar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:25:17 +0800

Hello lads,

   Here is a snippet of my idea for Zenmap. I am looking forward to your
feedback.

   I believe that Zenmap should be all about being easy and fun to use
rather then merely trying to provide Nmap's CLI functionalities. I have
created a prototype dubbed d3vscan which can be found at
http://d3vscan.sourceforge.net (do check out the screenshots) . Not only
does it provide the scan results in a simple yet intuitive manner (Map
View). It also features several useful plugins such as a OSVDB based
vulnerability scanner, Neural Network based OS detection optimization using
PyFann and Bluetooth scanning. The d3vscan prototype also features a simple
plugin window which allows the user to view the details of the plugin and
enable/disable them to their choice(functionality modularity in mind). I am
looking forward to implement these functionalities into Zenmap since d3vscan
is also coded in PyGTK. I have looked support and am actively researching on
portability issues with Macintosh.

Regards,
Devtar