Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.60 released

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:15:19 -0800

Hi all,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:48:58AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:
One change I'd like to see to qscan is that it become another option
like traceroute rather than its own scan.  I'd like to be able to run
discovery and standard port scanning and then at the end, have qscan
run to lump the ports into buckets.  I don't believe this would
sacrifice any power or flexibility and would make qscan integrate into
Nmap as though it were just another --feature rather than a completly
different mode.

Good idea. I agree that it would probably fit better with Nmap this way.
I guess it would add another column to the ports along with STATE, VERSION,
REASON, etc?