Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Service Detection: SIP end point

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:38:43 -0500

Brandon Enright wrote:

This is good work.  The issue though with match lines that are too
generic is that they will prevent more accurate service fingerprints
from ever being printed or submitted.

The line could probably be better suited as a softmatch like so:

softmatch sip m|^SIP/2\.0 ([-\w\s.]+)\r\n| i/SIP end point; Status: $1/

Can you give that a whirl and report back if you see any issue with it?

Brandon

The softmatch works well and returns a fingerprint that can be submitted.
I am working in a different environment at the moment and noticed some
details in the response that will likely allow for the creation of a
Cisco specific match line.  I will probably provide this late tonight or
tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Tom