Nmap Development mailing list archives

problems with Qscan patch and Microsoft VC++ 2005 Express Edition

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:29:11 +0000

I am attempting to compile nmap 4.52 source code with the qscan for
4.52 patch (http://hcsw.org/nmap/nmap-4.52-qscan.patch) applied to it
on a Microsoft Windows XP Professional system with Microsoft Visual
C++ 2005 Express Edition.

I have also made the changes from
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q1/0045.html to get SSL working in
Windows.  The SSL bit compiles fine.

It's the qscan patch that hurts.

I get an error LNK2019, more specifically
7>nmap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
qscan(class Target * *,int,struct scan_lists *)"
(?qscan@@YAXPAPAVTarget@@HPAUscan_lists@@@Z) referenced in function
"int __cdecl nmap_main(int,char * * const)" (?nmap_main@@YAHHQAPAD@Z)
7>.\Release/nmap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

The line causing the grief is line 446 in nmap.h
void qscan(Target **targets, int num_targets, struct scan_lists *ports);
added by the qscan patch.

Some searching turned up these possibilities
Linker Tools Error LNK2019 -
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/799kze2z(VS.80).aspx
You may receive an LNK2019 error message when you build a Visual C++
2005 or Visual C++ .NET application that uses a CString-derived class
from a DLL file - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309801
Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol -
http://blogs.msdn.com/vsdteam/archive/2005/11/20/495123.aspx
Weird LNK 2019 on a VS 2005 ported dll -
http://blogs.msdn.com/seshadripv/archive/2006/08/08/691948.aspx

But the suggestions I tried did not work.  This sort of code-fu is way
beyond my ability.

If someone (Doug?) can look in to this, I'd be appreciative.

I'm attaching the failure build log.

Thanks!

-Jason

--
NOTICE: Reading this email message requires root privileges which you
do not appear to possess. Sorry, dude.