Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: option request

From: Rick <cr22rc2 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:24:47 -0500

Thanks -- I somehow totally overlooked that.

赵雷 wrote:
You can use --datadir to specify the location of nmap-os-db.

`man nmap` gives:

--datadir <directoryname> (Specify custom Nmap data file location)
Nmap obtains some special data at runtime in files named
nmap-service-probes, nmap-services, nmap-protocols, nmap-rpc,
nmap-mac-prefixes, and nmap-os-db. If the location of any of these
files has been specified (using the --servicedb or --versiondb
options), that location is used for that file. After that, Nmap
searches these files in the directory specified with the --datadir
option (if any). Any files not found there, are searched for in
the directory specified by the NMAPDIR environmental
variable. Next comes ~/.nmap for real and effective UIDs (POSIX
systems only) or location of the Nmap executable (Win32 only), and
then a compiled-in location such as /usr/local/share/nmap or
/usr/share/nmap

Regards,
Lei