Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Script Engine scanning getting stuck in loop

From: majek04 <majek04+nmap-dev () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:55:19 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Alex Jurkiewicz <alex_j () iinet net au> wrote:
 I've run into an issue with the script engine while scanning a host, it gets
 stuck in an infinite loop.

 # nmap -A -v -p1-65535 -vvv HOSTNAME.COM | tee nmap.log
 NSOCK (485.4790s) nsock_loop() started (timeout=50ms). 0 events pending

As far as I understand NSE, there shouldn't be a case with "0 events pending".
Definitely something is broken in NSE.

For me it seems that one of our scripts is broken and it stays in
waiting_scripts
list without registering event on nsock, or that we have serious bug
in NSE implementation.

Could you try to determine what scripts are running against that target,
and maybe which exactly script is causing  this bug?

Marek Majkowski