Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SegFaults on Script Engine Initialization

From: Jay Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:22:23 -0800

Kris Katterjohn wrote:
Jay Chandler wrote:
I'm running the latest SVN build on Fedora 8.

Trying to scan a /23, and getting seg faults when the Script Engine
initializes.
What can I provide for better troubleshooting?  I have to confess,
I'm lousy with code...

If you can give us your exact command and then run with -d and send
your output, that'd be great.

Also: Does is still segfault when you run it against a single host, or
a smaller group?

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

Interesting. I was running the initial scan with -A and -v as flags.
Running nmap -d -sC on one host completes successfully, running it on
the /23 also completes successfully (or at least makes good headway!).
What would the -A be calling differently?

(I'm running it now with the -A and -d flags, I'll post the error log
when it hits it...)

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist