Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] NSE HTTP library

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:06:23 -0800

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:09:59PM +0100, Sven Klemm wrote:

You are right. I shouldn't check for nmap.have_ssl(). If I don't check
the connect will fail for ssl and a table with status nil will be
returned. I've attached a new version with those 2 issues fixed.

Looks great, Sven!  I've applied this to SVN.  The only remaining
issue is documentation.  People won't use this function if they don't
know about it.

I have checked the XML source to the Nmap Scripting Engine
documentation (http://nmap.org/nse/) into nmap/docs/scripting.xml.  It
would probably be hard for you to build it now, but maybe you could
look at the nse-api section format and add a similar sort of section
for your HTTP library?  If you don't know DocBook, you can probably
get the picture by reading the other NSE Library sections.  If you
send me a patch for scripting.xml, I'll check it in, recompile, and
update the article on the website.

Thanks,
Fyodor