Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Port Scan through Proxy - How to !!

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:33:04 +0300

Hello Mailing List,

I am an Information Security Analyst at one of India's Information
Security companies. I am into VAPT since long time. However I never
came across a situation in which I had to do reconnaissance phase i.e.
network scanning using NMAP through a proxy server.

The organization in which I am currently carrying out Vulnerability
Assessment, has a internal proxy server for accessing everything
within as well as outside the organization. Since I have to carry out
port scan for some machines within the network (intranet) and some
machines outside the organization (over internet), I am interested in
knowing, how can I run NMAP scans through a proxy?

Even the current version of Nmap i.e. Nmap V4.53 doesn't have option
on command line, about running a scan through a proxy.

Can you kindly guide, how to handle this situation i.e. running port
scan using NMAP through proxy (HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5).

Thank you.

----
NIKHIL