Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Traceroute and -A option

From: "João Medeiros" <ignotus21 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 01:02:25 -0300

Hi Kris,

    You are right.
    I always used -traceroute option, and when I use Nmap as user with
-traceroute option it says "Warning: Traceroute does not support idle
or connect scan, disabling...". And now when I use -A option instead,
Nmap don't says anything, then I guessed that it executes Traceroute
(and TCP/IP fingerprinting). Now looking in the code I saw the you
don't set the o.traceroute option equal true if the user is not root.
Sorry by my mistake. Maybe a warning in this case is useful too.

Att, João Medeiros.