Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Possible bug with Vista - getinterfaces: intf_loop() failed

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:30:18 -0000

Hi Jerry,

I don't think I've seen that message on Vista since the days of Nmap 4.11.
Zenmap runs the command "nmap" and looks in certain locations (IIRC it
doesn't use the user's path either), so it might be worth checking that you
only have 4.50 and 4.52 on your system, and you don't have an older copy of
nmap.exe hanging around somewhere that Zenmap is running instead? Apologies
if you've already checked that.

Rob