Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMAP rpm install fails - missing GNU_HASH

From: "Rick Rineholt" <cr22rc2 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:16:45 -0500

Hi,
I'm new to NMAP community so if this is the wrong place for this please
advise. I tried installing the nmap-4.53-1.i386.rpm on a Linux RedHat
ES 4.5OS and received the following for the rpm install

error: Failed dependencies:
        rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by nmap-4.53-1.i386

This installs ok on a RH ES 5.x

I also on the 4.5 level system that install failed on built the binary from
the RPM source and that seemed to build ok. It seemed to work too; scanned a
network and picked up several machines with OS info etc.

I'm not a linux rpm guru by a very long shot, but does someone know why this
failed to install ? Was something really missing that is required?

uname  Linux .ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Nov 30 11:51:05 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux
latest fixes applied.

Is there a means to search the mailing list archive ?

Thanks!