Nmap Development mailing list archives

Bug Report with jetdirect printer server

From: "Travis Austin" <travis () goabs net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:33:53 -0500

When nmap does its scan of our network it scans the jetdirect devices and
lists them correctly but after it does this scan the jetdirect printer
servers must be restarted before anything else can be printed.  I discovered
this after doing a scan on 192.168.1.0/24 which scanned the entire network
and made this issue apparent.

The simple solution is to walk up and power cycle all the jetdirect devices
but this could be a very confusing thing to people that are new to this.  I
don't know what specifically caused the problem but I confirmed it by
running another network scan with the same end result (no one could print)

Thanks for the great product and I hope this info is of some use to you.

Travis Austin

IT Manager

Anesthesia Business Solutions