Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-4.50: -O option broken on Solaris 9?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:59:27 -0800

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 09:14:10AM -0700, Castle, Shane wrote:
Brandon, yes, I had thought of that, but the sad fact is that the
getopt() distributed with Solaris 9 is just broken, and can't be used
with nmap.

The configure logic should not use the resident getopt() for Solaris.
I'm not much of a hand at autoconf and its components, so I'm pointing
at the problem and hoping someone with configure chops will address it.

Thanks for the report, Shane.  Hopefully someone with Solaris 9 will
be able to produce a configure.ac patch to fix this.  Anyone?

Cheers,
-F