Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] rpcinfo script

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:15:36 -0800

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:32:04PM +0100, Sven Klemm wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've attached a NSE script that will query the portmapper for a list
of all registered programs. This is similar to rpcinfo -p.

Thanks, it worked well in my testing.  I added all the rpc entries
(almost 400) from nmap-rpc, though it would be nice to find a way to
remove that redundancy.  Like maybe the script could read nmap-rpc
itself, though I'm not sure how easily it could find the file.  Or it
could call the Nmap function which converts from rpc number to name.
Anyway, for now I've just added them to the array.  If a second script
needs this though, we should definitely put the funcionality in a
common NSELib function (either Lua or C).

rpcinfo.nse is now checked into SVN.

Cheers,
Fyodor