Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Suspect that --host-timeout is not working in 4.50?

From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:03:16 +0000

On 15/12/2007 00:34, Randolph Reitz wrote:

[scanner@clouseau ~]$ nmap -d -sS -F --host_timeout 1m  -A 131.225.136.140
I've got a feeling that one of the scripts running during the above scan
you gave as an example is causing a problem for you (either bruteTelnet
or anonFTP), would you mind running the following similar scan:

    nmap -sS -p21,23 --script=bruteTelnet,anonFTP --script-trace -d3
    --log-errors 131.225.136.140

I'm not sure whether nse scripts are meant to obey host-timeout rules or
not, but neither of these scripts should take very long, certainly not
the times you're seeing and using script-trace should help identify what
is causing the massive delay.

Regards,

jah