Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap on Mac - install problem

From: Jay Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:31:30 -0800

Daniel Johnson wrote:
There is now a nmap 4.50 package available in Fink's unstable tree for
10.4 and 10.5 and zenmap is working fine for me. However, I've had no
luck building a standalone version outside of Fink. PyGTK is
fiendishly complicated to get working on OS X.

Note that this package is currently build-from-source only.

http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/nmap

Daniel

I don't run Fink personally (MacPorts user here), but I'm told it
works.  Unfortunately, building via SVN, package, or anything else on
Leopard doesn't get Zenmap working-- chokes on GTK errors within
Python.  I'm tracking this issue, but unfortunately I'm not anything
approaching a competent coder, so outside of testing crazy things people
suggest, there's not a lot I can do to assist..

If at all possible I'd like to continue building nmap from source; I'm
familiar enough with the command line usage that zenmap is more or less
a "gee that's nifty" feature for me, but it'd still be nice to have...

On another note, does anyone have any particular areas someone who's...
programmatically challenged can pitch in and help with nmap development?

-- Jay