Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: --resume and scanning (Windows) localhost quirks

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:58:00 -0700

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 05:10:48PM -0000, Rob Nicholls wrote:
Also, I've tried scanning a small range that includes my IP and I get this
lovely message on Windows:

Skipping SYN Stealth Scan against xxx.xxx.xx.xx because Windows does not
support scanning your own machine (localhost) this way.
All 0 scanned ports on xxx.xxx.xx.xx are

Are what? :) That's probably less important to worry about, but I was
wondering if that could also cause a problem with --resume (if I could get
it to work properly in the first place).

Good catch. I changed it so it says

0 ports scanned on xxx.xxx.xx.xx

David Fifield