Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: NMAP 4.50 on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)

From: Jon Lucenius <jon.lucenius () istormresearch com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:51:59 -0500

Fyodor suggested I send this along.

============================

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jon Lucenius <Jon.Lucenius () iStormResearch com>
Date: December 14, 2007 12:42:35 AM EST
To: fyodor () insecure org
Subject: NMAP 4.50 on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)

Fyodor,

Thanks for a fantastic release of a continued great and valuable
product. Complied from source on OSX 10.5 with no real issues except
that it was easier to do each step as root. I tried 'make' as
unpriveldged and there were make.dep errors. compiling as root for
all steps yielded no problems at all. I run nmap as root so that is
OK with me. Not sure if this will help or hurt users so take with
some salt. I did start as rot and then try non-root 'make' only if
that makes a difference.

However, running xnmap did have some errors as follows.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/xnmap", line 31, in <module>
   from zenmapCore.Name import APP_NAME, APP_DISPLAY_NAME
ImportError: No module named zenmapCore.Name

Is it possible to run the GUI on OSX? Can you integrate into the
Network Utility (does scanning of some sort and other things)?

Thanks and happy holidays - congrats on 10 YEARS!!!
Jon

 Jon Lucenius
 iStorm Research
 http://iStormResearch.com/