Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap and Zenmap/Umit Featured in The Bourne Ultimatum

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:11:18 -0800

Hi everyone.  I'm happy to report that Nmap was featured in The Bourne
Ultimatum which was released on DVD yesterday.  I picked up a copy and
verified it myself!  the CIA needs to hack the mail server of a
newspaper (The Guardian UK) to read the email of a reporter they
assassinated. So they turn to Nmap and its new official GUI Zenmap (it
was called Umit then) to hack the mail server! Nmap reports that the
mail server is running SSH 3.9p1, Posfix smtpd, and a name server
(presumably bind). They also make substantial use of Bash, the
Bourne-again shell.

Bourne Ultimatim (widescreen DVD) is currently the 3rd most popular
DVD on all of Amazon.

Nmap is becomming quite the movie star!  And the timing could not be
better considering the upcoming 10th Anniversary 4.50 release.

I have posted screenshots and more details here:

http://insecure.org/

Cheers,
Fyodor