Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 4.49RC7 NSE Loop?

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () univie ac at>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:19:37 +0100

On Dec 11, 2007, at 10:07 PM, komseh wrote:

I think someone reported a similar bug to this recently, but I
couldn't fix
my issue using their methods.

Scanning this group of hosts together with either T2,T3, or T4 all
produce
the same output infinitely and the scan never ends.

However, nmap completes the scan without a problem if each host is
scanned
individually.

nmap -T4 -v -sS -sV -O -n --script=all --script-trace -iL test.lis

ugh, i'll bet the problem is that bruteTelnet.nse never closes the
ports it opens and the garbage collector never the socket because
there is always a reference to it.

I think we'll need to reconsider the open port cap and garbage
collection policy.

cheers,
Diman