Nmap Development mailing list archives

registry patch for vista to enable regular user's to use nmap via changing npf start to 2 instead of 3

From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram () nc rr com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:12:01 -0500

Hi all,

Sorry for the insanely long subject; however, I figured that preventing
folks from needing to use regedit and all that would be nice for the final
release, so I've attached a .reg file which simply achieves this task. It
sets the appropriate start attribute of npf to 2 instead of 3. This should
then allow regular users to use nmap without requiring them to start an
elevated cmd session.

Can we include this in the final release as a helper script?

Take care,
Sina