Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: why i can`t use the option --host-time

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:50:43 -0000 (UTC)

Although the command

  nmap -n -T4 --initial-rtt-timeout 1000 --host-timeout 1800000
211.94.144.0/24 >> result-t3

is valid on current versions of nmap, it appears that you're running a
pretty old version (I think it dates back to August 2004ish?) on that
host.

Nmap 3.70 Usage: nmap [Scan Type(s)] [Options] <host or net list>

Checking my copy of Nmap 3.81 (the earliest version I still have to hand),
if I try and run that command the first thing it does is tell me:

nmap: unrecognized option `--initial-rtt-timeout'

Which probably means it's not present in 3.70 either. I suspect it's
displaying the usage because the options you're sending it aren't
recognised. You probably either need to update nmap on the host or read
the usage to check which options are valid and make sure you stick to
those. I suspect neither --initial-rtt-timeout nor --host-timeout are
supported by 3.70. Does it run okay if you change the command to:

nmap -n -T4 211.94.144.0/24 >> result-t3

?

Rob