Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC4

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 18:37:21 -0700

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 05:10:27PM -0800, Jay Chandler wrote:
Jay Chandler wrote:
Interesting.

singularity:~ jay$ zenmap
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 31, in <module>
    from zenmapCore.Name import APP_NAME, APP_DISPLAY_NAME
ImportError: No module named zenmapCore.Name
singularity:~ jay$

Looks like we're now having DIFFERENT problems on Leopard with
zenmap...  Thoughts anyone?

I don't get it... How did zenmap get into /usr/local/bin before you
installed? Did you just copy the file over?

Went into the zenmap source directory, did a 'python setup.py install'

Now:

singularity:zenmap jay$ zenmap
Error in sys.excepthook:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 60, in excepthook
    import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk

Original exception was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/zenmap", line 151, in <module>
    app.run()
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 96, in run
    self.__run_gui()
  File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/App.py", line 100,
in __run_gui
    import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk
singularity:zenmap jay$ port installed |grep gtk
  gtk1 @1.2.10_6 (active)
  gtk2 @2.12.3_0+x11 (active)
  gtkspell2 @2.0.11_0 (active)
  py25-gtk @2.12.0_0 (active)
singularity:zenmap jay$

I'd appreciate if you could send to me (doesn't necessarily have to go
to the list) the output of the following commands:

./configure
make
make install
python -c 'import sys; print "\n".join(sys.path)'
python -c 'import gtk'
port contents py25-gtk

Basically, I want to see if configure and make are building Zenmap all
right (python setup.py install shouldn't be necessary) and if PyGTK is
installed in Python's package search path.

Thanks for all your reports so far.

David Fifield