Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.23RC3 & SSL Tunnels

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:23:05 -0600

Thomas Buchanan wrote:
Kris Katterjohn writes:
 > What about something general like this:
 >
 > <linkedwith>
 > <library name="openssl" version="[version]" />
 > <library name="libpcap" version="[version]" />
 > <library name="libpcre" version="[version]" />
 > <!-- etc -->
 > </linkedwith>

Fine by me.

Lionel

How does the attached patch (against SVN r6441) look?  It prints the
library versions for libpcap, libpcre, liblua (if included) and openssl
(if included).

Some questions that I had:

1.  Where should the output go in the XML file?  I put it right after
the verbosity / debugging information.

That seems fine to me, because there's not really a great place for it
to go :)

2.  What level of verbosity / debugging should be required to include
this information?  The patch reflects my opinion that it should be
included at debugging >=1.

AFAIK, in general, things are printed in the XML output independent of
whether verbosity/debugging is enabled (unlike normal output which is
completely controlled by this).

Thomas

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn