Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Scripting engine stuck

From: Ron <ronlists () skullsecurity com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 12:45:22 -0600

Ron wrote:
So I re-did "make install" after the "make debug", and a library
dependency started failing:
/usr/local/libexec/nmap/nselib-bin/bit.so: undefined symbol:
__gcov_merge_add

So I did make uninstall/make install, and now the segfault problem has
disappeared. I'm wondering if the problem was due to installing RC3 over
top of RC2 without uninstalling first. I'm going to try to reproduce it
by installing both versions again.

Ron

So I reinstalled RC2, ran my scan, and it crashed the same way. I
installed RC3 over top, ran the scan, and it ran 100% fine, it didn't
even get that take-forever error I originally posted about (which, by
the way, is still running :) ).

I guess something funky must have happened when I did the update, but
it's all working now.

Thanks for the help, and I'll let you know if I find any other problems.

Ron