Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: zenmap missing from mswin32 zip pkg

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 00:10:33 -0000

Don't worry about it, it's worth asking such questions as really obvious
things are occasionally missed!

The worst that can happen is your silly question is permanently archived for
the world to see ;)

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q3/0126.html (in my defence, it appears to
be an extremely odd quirk caused by the Windows Firewall that no one else
had previously reported to the list)

Earlier this year, I wondered why no one else had noticed/mentioned that
Connect() scans were broken in 4.22SOC6, as I didn't get a chance to test it
for nearly two weeks after it appeared on the site. I was worried I'd done
something stupid (even though I could reproduce it on different hosts with
different configurations) as I figured someone else should have noticed this
sooner, but everyone seems pretty friendly here so I fired off my email
anyway.

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q3/0417.html

Also, there was a TCP Sequence issue in 4.20 (and 4.21ALPHA1) that, in
hindsight, probably should have been spotted a bit sooner than 3 months.
Given that 4.20 is still the latest stable version, I'm somewhat surprised
there haven't been more queries to the mailing lists about it. This might
mean that people using the stable release are unaware that the TCP Sequence
they see is incorrect whenever it falls back to gen1 (which could be quite
often as IIRC gen2 wasn't that big back then)?

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q1/0211.html

So please feel free to question things!

Rob