Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: xmloutputversion change

From: "Joshua D. Abraham" <jabra () ccs neu edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:14:12 -0500

Great idea Max!

Regards,
Josh

On 28.Nov.2007 01:52PM -0500, Max wrote:

Great suggestion, I cannot count the times I have been surprised by
XML schema changes that broke Nmap::Scanner, including now :p, I
obviously need to now update my module as it will have broken again
with the new release if I am understanding correctly :).

I would be hugely in favor of an nmap-xml list, even if it is
announcement only, where someone could at least send out a 'things
have changed' notice when the XML schema has changed if maintaining
the XML version number is not feasible (though I think that the
version number is a better way to go).

- Max