Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap's man page is messed up

From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:35:35 -0500

Hi everyone!

Nmap's man page seems to be messed up due to confusion between the text
contents and man page syntax.

This is the beginning of line 998 in docs/nmap.1:

"\.nse\-extension\. Although you are not required to follow this for the
moment [...]"

which is coming from line 1938 in docs/refguide.xml:

"NSE-scripts have by convention a <literal>.nse</literal>-extension.
Although"

But man confuses the ".nse" with the man macro ".ns", so it messes up.

I don't know this docbook XML stuff or much about manpage syntax, so I don't
know how to get the refguide.xml to make ".nse" usable in the manpage.

Hopefully it's just a simple fix.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn