Nmap Development mailing list archives

Umit 0.9.5-RC1, UmitWeb 0.1-B1 and New Project Web Site

From: "Adriano Monteiro" <py.adriano () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:34:26 -0300

Hi Folks!

I'm pleased to announce the Umit 0.9.5 Release Candidate 1, UmitWeb
0.1 Beta 1 and the new Umit Web Site which were designed by João Paulo
Pacheco and developed by e effort of volunteers leaded by Luís Bastião
which were a GSoC 2007 student of Umit this year. Yet, this Umit
release won't feature most of the GSoC exciting projects that we had
this year, such as the Umit Mapper, the Interface Editor or the
Network Inventory. Those are going to be integrated to Umit and
released in a latter version after the stable release of version
0.9.5. This release is the result of several bug fixes, and the
integration of all the work done by Adriano and Frederico on the
Independent Features project during this Google Summer of Code. The
Umit 0.9.5-RC1 and UmitWeb 0.1-B1 are currently available for download
at the source forge project page[1] in the following formats:

    * Source packages compressed in the formats: tar.gz, tar.bz2 and zip
    * Windows installer with Umit and every related dependencies

Windows users won't have any problem while installing Umit using the
installer. I tested umit installers in Windows XP Professional
(Without Service pack) and everything seens to be ok.

Linux users should take a look at README file inside source packages
for installation instructions.

What's new?

    * Fixed some installation issues
    * Fixed some issues related to configuration files and files permissions
    * Now you can run umit giving it some command line arguments
    * There are some usability improvements made as well, and the
crash report tool were improved also
    * Some core improvements were made also, making Umit more stable
and reliable
    * Fixed the loads of bugs reported on our bug tracker

Links:

[1] Umit project download page at source forge:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=142490
[2] Umit project bug report page at source forge:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=142490&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;atid=752647
[3] Umit repository (anonymous read access allowed):
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/umit
[4] Umit website: http://umit.sourceforge.net
[5] Umit Blog: http://umitproject.blogspot.com

Cheeeers!

--
Adriano Monteiro Marques

http://adriano-marques.blogspot.com
http://umit.sourceforge.net
py.adriano () gmail com

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed." - George Burns